The SonicAire 2.0 is the world’s only solution to proactively eliminate overhead combustible dust. It has changed the way companies control overhead fugitive dust and fiber. Its innovation in engineering has been awarded by GEAPS, which named it as a winner in the Idea Exchange program for innovative products.
SonicAire gives a full range of clean: a 140° vertical oscillation radius with a full 360° rotation.
Now, remember that the SonicAire 2.0 fans are all dust tight, so there is no potential for dust to buildup in any of the internal mechanisms and the motor. (SonicAire2.0‘s components have a NEMA 12 rating.)
Of course, all of our fans have a Safety Cable Kit that comes as standard to give you everything you need to secure the SonicAire fan to the overhead structure.
Here’s what the SonicAire 2.0 does:
- It creates an air curtain that permanently shields overhead joists, beams and other structures from dust buildup.
- The fan cleans by controlling high velocity and high mass airflow to prevent upward thermal currents from continuing to hold the fugitive dust in the air.
- The power of the SonicAire 2.0 fan motor can control the unique properties of fugitive dust generated by various processes.
- The SonicAire 2.0 can also provide a way to declassify Class II Hazardous locations in the overhead area. In essence, a Class II, Division 2 location can be declassified with the proper preventative housekeeping. We have seen clients use SonicAire 2.0 as a much more affordable solution in these scenarios.
Here’s how the SonicAire 2.0 works.
- The fan has unusually expansive reach to keep a plant clean: 140° vertical oscillation radius and 360° rotation.
- The SonicAire 2.0 is designed as a business solution – ROI can be achieved in as little as one year.
- A one-time investment equals a permanent solution for eliminating overhead combustible dust.
The fan leverages a groundbreaking innovation called BarrierAire™ technology. As its name implies, BarrierAire technology robotically creates an air barrier that shields overhead structures from combustible dust. It does this automatically and accurately. As a result, plant managers can decide exactly what areas need to be cleaned so that no dust is allowed to build up in overhead places. All fugitive dust can then be conveniently removed from the floor in the normal cleaning cycle.
BarrierAire technology is the only engineered robotic design to eliminate overhead dust buildup at such a high level of performance and precision.
And the use of BarrierAire technology is not the only innovative feature of the fan. Here are some others:
- A new iDrive, which is patent pending, boasts a wide range of fixed settings to designate accurately the desired cleaning areas. The iDrive is also in a completely enclosed drive system to assure maximum safety.
- A Unified Electrical Enclosure increases frame strength. The Unified Electrical Enclosure meets NEMA 12 gasketed enclosure requirements.
- Sleek, extended fan shroud with optimally designed guide vanes that increases the fan’s cleaning distance. It has over twice the cleaning area of the original SonicAire fan, so fewer fans need to be installed for an enterprise-wide system for overhead dust control.
- Sickle Fan Blade – high efficiency fan blade. Sound level below 80 dBA at 20 ft.
- Integrated Manual Motor Starter – provides circuit protection.
- Self-lubricating and sealed bearings – to reduce maintenance costs.
Some of the sustainable benefits of the SonicAire 2.0 include:
- Protect your employees from dust explosions.
- Avoid OSHA fines.
- Comply continuously with NFPA and NEC Standards on dust.
- Eliminate Class II Hazardous location designations.
- Stop wasting money cleaning combustible dust.
Each SonicAire fan can be easily installed in the plant. Here’s the technical information you need to make that process easy:
- Voltage: 208, 230, 380, 460, 575
- 3 Phase, 50 Hz or 60 Hz
- Motor: 2 HP TEAO Fan
- Weight: 200 LBS
- 90 KG
- Sound Level at 20’ 78 dbA
- Oscillation: 140° vertical cleaning radius
- Rotation: 360°
We are always finding new ways to innovate a smarter engineering solution. And we don’t do this in a vacuum. We make sure we keep listening to our clients for new insights.
We think that the combination of forecasting future needs and responding to current ‘wants’ is the keystone of our growth. More important, it is the key to our clients’ satisfaction.
The following products are the direct result of this principle. They have all the features of the SonicAire 2.0, but each has a key distinction.
The ‘c’ stands for ‘compact. The fan motor is powerful and controlled, but the fan size allows it to be located in spaces that are too small for other fans.
It is designed for use in any and all industries where a higher powered fan motor is needed to entrain the fugitive dust or fiber. It prevents dust buildup in the fan interior with low adhesive coating.
The ‘h’ stands for ‘heat’. This variation of the SonicAire 2.0 fan is designed for any industry that uses higher levels of heat in their processing.
With this fan, the motor as well as the electrical and mechanical components withstand temperatures that reach 180°. (The SonicAire 2.0 can tolerate temperatures up to 150°).
The ‘w” stands for ‘water’. This fan is water-tight, and is made for industries where more moisture is present in the processing.
We’ve used special gasketing and sealing methods to keep water and moisture out. By taking all of these measures, we’ve created a NEMA 6, water-tight enclosure.