Combustible Lint in the Laundry Industry
What is inevitable in every laundry facility? Lint. These small particles don’t dissipate heat well, and they offer a high-ratio surface area. The result: lint is susceptible to spontaneous combustion; these miniscule fibers are highly combustible and are the perfect fuel for fires.
It can be challenging for these types of facilities to maintain a clean, safe setting. Even optimized inline lint filters are designed to collect only 98% of the lint produced. In a commercial laundry setting, the remaining 2% can quickly accumulate—and not all systems are this effective.
If the right systems aren’t in place to manage the remaining lint, the lint can accumulate. Once accumulated, a spark from a conveyor belt or something as simple as steaming operations can trigger a combustible event. The high temperatures of commercial dryers further add to this risk of combustible events. If an event occurs, lint that has accumulated on surfaces may then ignite, causing secondary fires and additional explosions.
To avoid these disasters, laundry facilities must be able to mitigate the risk of combustible lint. They need a system that effectively prevents lint build-up to maintain a clean, safe environment.
How SonicAire Can Help
SonicAire is the perfect partner for the laundry industry. Delivering more than a clean-up solution, SonicAire’s engineered industrial lint control fans prevent the accumulation of lint and effectively reduce the risk of combustible lint events.
The SonicAire Solution
SonicAire proprietary technology combines two methods to control lint accumulation.
SonicAire fans use high-velocity airflow to clean overhead areas. The strength of this airflow effectively prevents the accumulation of combustible lint particles on overhead structures in the facility.
Typical airflow includes upward thermal currents which naturally lift and carry particles to overhead areas of facilities, where lint quickly accumulates and can become a fire hazard. SonicAire industrial lint control fans prevent these upward thermal currents from holding lint in the air.
Put SonicAire to Work for You
With an engineered layout custom-designed for your plant, SonicAire fans will replace high-risk and costly manual cleaning measures, eliminate the need for housekeeping shut-downs and help maintain a clean, safe environment. Use the Learn More form above, at right to request more information or visit our Dust Solutions page to learn more.